As I am a football expert, I am going to be giving Super Bowl Tips for the next week as we count down to the big game. Follow along, dummy.
I'm the art director for
Funny Or Die's The Occasional,
living in Brooklyn.
This month, I have worked at Funny Or Die for 5 years. Which is crazy, because there has only been internet for 7 years.
They keep paying me to make magazines, so I keep doing it. And now its available for the iPhone, which is chill as fuck. I can’t stop laughing at Gabe Liedman’s ”Mitt Romney Erotic Fan Fiction.” So good.
Go ahead and download it. And if you like it, let other people know. Thanks!
SUMMER MIX 2012
Each summer I make a mix. The facts:
- There is always grass on the cover. The photo usually has a model in it. For 2012, its Max. (He got paid in belly rubs)
- It is mostly new music. Like 85% new. But I throw in a few classics for good measure. Also, like all my mixes, there is one song I am VERY embarrassed that I love but I can’t deny it.
- This is not a best-of-the-year-so-far mix. This is summer time! Only room for club bangers and pump up tracks. Keep that sad shit for winter.
- 20 tracks or less. Thats a mix rule where I come from.
- It can be downloaded, here.
Now, to the track list.
- Reptar - Orifice Origami
- Azealia Banks - JUMANJI
- The Temper Trap - Need Your Love (RAC Mix)
- Stepdad - My Leather, My Fur, My Nails
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
- Santigold - Disparate Youth
- Matt & Kim - Let’s Go
- Rostam - Don’t Let It Get To You
- Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
- The Shins - No Way Down
- Hoodie Allen - No Faith in Brooklyn (feat. Jhameel)
- St. Lucia - Closer Than This
- The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
- Alabama Shakes - Hold On
- Maps & Atlases - Fever
- Go West - The King of Wishful Thinking
- Childish Gambino - We Ain’t Them
- Germany Germany - Adventures II
Thats it. Hope you like it! Give it a listen.
Just in time for your 6th of July BBQs!
Whether its true or not, I am calling this the first Airtime GIF on tumblr. #FIRST #FIRST #FIRST
|:||The best conversation just happened next to me this morning. I had just missed the train and was sitting on those 3000 year old wooden benches. I'm wearing skinny jeans. Two "thug types" come swagging down the stairs and sit next to me.|
|Thug1:||Fuck the G train, man.|
|Thug1:||Fuck man, last time I was on the train EVERY SINGLE DUDE was wearing skinny jeans.|
|Thug2:||Like you riding' the train with a bunch of females.|
|Thug1:||I saw that Nurse Jackie season finale. It was good.|
|Thug1:||Two people got fired. I wont say who though.|
|Thug1:||Dat Game of Throwns episode was fucking crazy.|
|Thug1:||Finale was aight-- episode before that was fucking insane. Heads getting cut off and shit.|
|Thug2:||I liked the Will & Grace finale. It's cute.|
|Thug1:||Yeah, seen it a million times.|
|:||They went on to discuss their smoking schedule and how regimented it was depending on what they had to do that day. And whether or not to upgrade Apple firmware when it gets released.|
I went to SXSW for the first time, and had a blast. The FoD party was incredible and all of the music was A+ very good. I feel like a mess— so I think I did it right! I WON SXSW!
I went to Costa Rica for a couple weeks. Took my camera and got a few NEATO shots. Whenever I decide to make a real NateMaggio.com again, I will post all the goodies.
And since I know you Tumblr kids love these, a GIF from my trip:
ITS MY BEST OF 2011 LIST!!!
Oh, man— this list is going to change the world.
The list is bookended by Bon Iver, which makes sense because I bet the number of days in 2011 I listened to Bon Iver outnumbered the days I didn’t. (The final song has my favorite lyrics of the year hidden in it.) I cut a lot of great songs to hit the 20 mark. (which is retarded because I made the mark up myself, I could have made it 25, or 40) A lot of people/blogs/shit-faces are saying 2011 wasn’t as great as 2010 in music. And I guess, I agree. There weren’t as many stand out albums that were mind blowing; but looking back at the list I am happy. Lets get to it:
——— (DOWNLOAD) ———
01. Bon Iver // Bon Iver // Holocene
02. Blue Scholars // Cinemetropolis // Seijun Suzuki
03. SBTRKT // SBTRKT // Trials of the Past (ft. Sampha)
04. Justice // Audio, Video, Disco // Newlands
05. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. // It’s A Corporate World // When I Open My Eyes
06. Daughter // His Young Heart EP // Candles
07. Gotye // Making Mirrors // Somebody That I Used To Know
08. Childish Gambino // EP // Freaks and Geeks
09. The Black Keys // El Camino // Stop Stop
10. m83 // Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming // Midnight City
11. Lil Wayne // Tha Carter IV (Deluxe Edition) // 6 Foot 7 Foot (Feat. Cory Gunz)
12. tUnE-yArDs // w h o k i l l // Powa
13. Theophilus London // Timez Are Weird These Days // Last Name London
14. Penguin Prison // Penguin Prison // Don’t Fuck With My Money
15. Hoodie Allen // Leap Year // The Chase Is On
16. Adele // 21 // Rolling In The Deep
17. Rue Royale // Guide To An Escape // Guide to an Escape
18. Lawrence & Leigh // Odyssey Vol. 3 Hills and Masts // glow
19. College // Drive Soundtrack // A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth)
20. Bon Iver // NPR World Cafe // Beth/Rest (Solo Piano Version)
(You were wondering what my 2010 list looks like, right? Look here.)
My list. Listen and download if you wanna.